Monday, March 25, 2013

Whats in a wreath

March 22

I love decorating my front door. It took me a while to realize that the simple ritual of putting something whimsical, beautiful or interesting on my front door makes me happy. We have a ritual of saying "bye house" each time we drive away. Having something on the front door gives a nice focus. It feels kind of like playing dress up with my house.

It is spring and eggs and chicks and bunnies are everywhere. So eggs it is. We do have our year round Peter Rabbit in the front yard. He is probably considered tacky in some worlds but I love him and so do my girls. He's tucked in a nook so you have to really look for him from the street. We can see him from the house just fine and that's perfect.

We play in the front yard and the driveway today. Not long, just enough to get red cheeks and lungs full of fresh air.

No comments:

Post a Comment