Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Wind Chime

April 8

Today is my 100th post. I put up a wind chime today and sat listening to the gentle music with my girls. What does it mean for me to have been outside so many days in a row? How have our lives changed now that being outdoors is our habit and our expectation? I saw a great sign today: Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.

Being outside everyday is one way that I can create opportunities for small moments of beauty and joy to fill our lives. Being outside connects us with the rhythms of the natural world just outside our door. Being outside gives us freedom to move and imagine, to look closely and across great expanses.

Being outside everyday gives me at least one moment when I stop, my head quiets, and I take in the moment. The moment of a flower blooming, the moment of my daughter's laughter, the moment the breeze blows just enough to nudge the wind chimes to sing.



No comments:

Post a Comment