Monday, April 29, 2013

Stairs

April 29

As we leave our after school activity today my tired hungry girls stop to play on the stairs. These are the very steep, concrete, you could fall and really hurt yourself, type stairs. I so much want to hurry them along and get off these ramps of possible doom. But the sun is out, we are finally in the fresh air and they just want to hold the railing and play.

Slowly they inch down the side of the stairs. Their mood brightens and I am reminded that play can happen anywhere. These are ugly grey steps to me, to them they are a challenge and an inspiration. "Look, I'm a ballerina "says my little one pointing her toes. "Let's go all the way to the car without touching the hot lava," adds my first grader.

Ah, hot lava, I love avoiding hot lava.

No comments:

Post a Comment