Sunday, April 7, 2013

Azalea Explosion

April 6

We wake at the beach and I am greeted by the most perfect white azalea in full bloom outside our back door. This really is my year for flowers! I have seen this bush in bloom once before but never on the day when it was perfect: every blossom open and pure white. I bring my tea outside and soak up the early morning rays. I look up at the palm tree and the ancient oaks dripping with Spanish moss.

Slowly my family wakes up and we begin our first day together with no agenda, no schedules, no work, just time to play and rest.

When we finally get ourselves ready to walk to the beach to say hello for the first time this visit I see another brilliant azalea just around the corner from our front door. I'm not even sure how to describe the color: coral pink, orangish pink, sorbet? On our walk we pass bush after blooming bush in every color of violet, pink, white and red.  I feel like I've hit the blossom jackpot.










No comments:

Post a Comment