Thursday, April 25, 2013

Hidden Flowers

April 25

How is it possible that this was growing in my garden and I didn't know? I remember planting this little bush several years ago. Every once and a while I would note only that it was not dead yet.

Today I glanced at the spot by the fence where this little guy is tucked away and saw flower encrusted branches where I'd only ever seen leaves. Is this the first year it has bloomed, maybe. Or is this the first year I have been outside enough to notice?

I bent down to take a photo and an intoxicating delicate perfume wafted over me.

My girls took a break from setting up their obstacle course and came to smell and study the flowers. "It's pink, pink, PINK!" shouted my little one. And off she ran to swim tummy first on the swing.

No comments:

Post a Comment